Saturday, January 17, 2009

What, this is an award?????


So this is called an award. Should I not than be happy to have received it? Why am I not happy and only tense? I am not sure why my wife gave me this. Does she want me to be more honest with you or myself? Or does she think that I am already an honest person? Probably not the second one, is it? Okay, I will attempt this.

1. I am a born again believer and it pains me to admit that I spend less time with my Saviour than I do with my television which will only drive me away from my faith.

2. I have no patience with other drivers on the road. They are only morons wasting my time or speed freaks about to kill us all.

3. I have the ability to truly hate. I hate the cancer in my life. It has changed so much the things that I can do.

4. I am kinda opinionated. About just about anything. And sometimes if you don't agree with me I lump you into one of the categories in #2. Sorry, you wanted honest.

5. I also think I can do just about anything and will sometimes attempt it to my detriment.

6. I buy more tools than I use. I have a brand new drill press in my garage, that has never been opened. Also a bunch of small stuff that I run across from time to time and find out that I have doubles of.

7. I, just like my mother, am a pack-rat. If it wasn't for my wife, I don't think I could move in my house.

8. I would sooner be fishing. I am not sure if that counts, but it is honest.

9. Because #8 may not be what it should be, here is another. I really love my sister and brother-in-laws hot tub. I am also hoping this gets me another invite. I also love my sister and brother-in-law.

10. I come from a large family. I have 9 brothers and sisters, who all did their part in populating this ball we live on. I also have a lot of beautiful cousins out there. I miss them all and as I get older I realize just how much I love them. And from the prayers and gifts that I have received from them since I was diagnosed, I know that they in turn love me.

10a. Because I don't want to get accused of cheating with 8 and 9,: Even though I don't always honour the God who gave me salvation, He continues to bless me. I have the most beautiful children and grandchildren in the world, hands down. If you don't believe me, go visit their sites and try to tell me differently. He has also blessed me with the most long suffering woman in the world as my wife, thanks for sticking it out with me.

10b. If there was only one thing that I could have changed in my life would be that the love of my Saviour would manifest itself in my life.

10c. I never dream. Not that I don't have dreams for myself, I don't dream, at night, when I sleep. I wish I did.

That's it, I quit. If this was to honest or not honest enough, let me know. I am sure I will have an opinion about it. It is now 4:46 am and I am going to try to go back to sleep. Maybe that's why I don't dream, I am not asleep long enough to dream.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I gave it to you to get you to post and because I love reading your blog when you do post as do others.

As for the long suffering...hmm...not really suffering here.

I hate your cancer too. I hate it for making you suffer.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

You were supposed to pass this on. I figure you should inflict it on a couple of other victims. Did you forget how to use the link feature?

10:25 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Thanks for your honesty! I also hate your cancer. I hate what it must be for you and your family.
But I love you and you do have a beautiful family. We are all very blessed to have one another.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Stupid cancer. It sucks ass.

Stupid drivers.

Now I'm grumpy.

(Don't worry. It won't last long. Sammy is climbing on me and we're going to go watch some songs on YouTube. He'll probably sing.) (He's trying to click on Mom's picture while I type this. "Let's do Gramma!" That's not a video buddy.)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

In reply to # 9.
I know that you knew this but I love you too ( forever)and Hot tubing will never be the same without you there. I miss you brother!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home