Sunday, January 18, 2009

#79

So blogger says that this is #79 as far as posts go, who am I to argue. Its to late at night to argue, so I was wrong, big deal.
Anyway, I went back and looked at my post from the middle of the night and even though that was actually me, some of those sounded kinda dark and so serious. There is more to me than that. So my wife said that I should do another one that would more accurately reflect who I am.

1. I think cats are filthy beasts, and my dog (Roscoe) can do almost nothing wrong. If you think I am wrong, just strike up a relationship with both and tell me which is more satisfying.

2. Hello, my name is John and I am a Toronto Maple Leaf fan. I am also a Rider fan, but somehow that doesn't make me feel the same as it does to say I am a Leaf fan.

3. Cancer has given me at least 5 compression fractures in my back and although I have never been tall, now that I lost an additional 2 inches I find that I think about it quite a bit. Does that make me vain, or shallow?

4. I am also a fan of western movies. John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Sam Elliot are just a few of the best cowboys on the big screen. My favorite western is probably "The Cowboys". All around favorite movie, "Groundhog Day"

5. I can hardly watch TV without physically holding the remote in my hand. It can't even lay on my lap, I have to hold it in my hand. And then when I drift off to sleep sometimes my fingers twitch or move and I will be pressing buttons and actually be asleep. Drives my wife crazy. Especially when she accuses me of falling asleep and I deny it, and refuse to give up the remote. I have so little fun in my life.

Anyway that is kinda who I am. Now I would like these people to tell us a little about themselves.

Becky
Carol
Margaret
Angela (Arnie)

This might take awhile as I post so seldom that nobody comes here anymore. If you know these people, tell them to get with it.

10 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

Thanks for posting again. And yes I do come here about once a week just to check.
Apparently my life isn't very exciting either.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

HEY! You posted! I really need to be sent an alert or something, especially when you're tagging me.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

(Roscoe's dumb.)

8:28 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I miss you so much already Dad.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I can't believe I haven't visited this place since January. Now I am crying.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me, too.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I miss you too. I was reading all my old posts and saw when you commented. The funny thing is, before you were gone, reading it felt the same. I didn't hear your voice, or see your expression, just like I can't now. So when I see the old comments it feels like you're back. I hate that you're not.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

facebook wants me to write on your wall, but i'm not going to. i'm going to comment here. just like mel, i was going through a bunch of my old posts on my blog the other day, and i didn't even have to look at the comments, and i knew which ones you had commented on. and i'd give anything to comment back and get a great dialogue going again. and it hurts me, it physically hurts me that i can't. becky, ang, auntie chris... i just can't imagine. i don't know what else to say....


i miss you so much.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and I miss you uncle john. I know I never saw you every day or even every year, but it's an emptiness knowing that your not around at all. I am blessed by just having had you as my uncle. I love you so much.

11:14 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

Hi John. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I come here but when I do and I reread your posts, I still find it hard to believe that you are gone.
I'm glad I can still come here.
I miss you. I wish I would have called you more. Now I can't.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home