Sunday, July 23, 2006

My ship has come in.

This spring the company I work for (SWP) started a program to help those of us who understand a six pack to be something you buy in a store, and not something you have to sweat to achieve, to maybe start us on the road to that other six pack. So every day in May, June and half of July, we printed off a calendar and kept track of the days where we did at least 30 minutes of physical activity. For each month they had a draw for some kind of prize and this month they had a draw for 4 grand prizes of which I was a recipient. I get to pick anything I want, from anywhere I choose, as long as the prize is not over $425.00, and it must have something to do with physical activity. Pretty sweet, aye. Its not the lottery I had dreamed of, but I am still happy. Right now for a prize I am leaning towards a new road bike. My old ten speed is almost as old as me.
And to let you know that this family is just bursting at the seams with class, dignity and just plain pinky in the air as we have our high tea snottiness, Ben today pooped on my deck. I tell you there is nothing like being a grandpa, and being able to laugh at that, and then tell other people about it. It is frightfully hot here, in the low 30's, and I bought a little paddling pool for my grandsons, so today Ben was going to go in it. Becky pulled all his clothes off, yes the diaper too, went inside to get one of those swimmer diapers, when all of a sudden Angie burst out laughing outside. We all went to see and here there was a turd laying on the deck, and Ben standing there with a sheepish kinda look on his face. I almost laugh again as I think of it. What a family, is it any wonder I love it so.

18 Comments:

Blogger Toad said...

It went like this, hey Ben you're naked....*blak stair from Ben.....then a turd started slowly falling till it plopped onto the deck in between his legs. Then he said..."I poopededed ona outside.....oh dear". It was so funny.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm so proud.

9:10 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

That is hilariouis John and it is so much funnier when it's our grandchildren. It has been hot like that here too so Ken turned the heat down in our hot tub to about 95 and now it makes for a nice place to cool off. Not exactly a pool but it does the trick. Good for you on winning a prize. I don't think I have ever won anything in my entire life. Enjoy the bike (if that's what you pick).

7:51 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

So, John, does this mean you now have "high tea" on your new "poop dack"?
I know, I know, That was really lame, but I couldn't resist.
Hey, when you come here for a visit do you think you could bring me some liver sausage? Mom knows where you can get it.
Congrats on winning the "lottery". I hope you enjoy your prize.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

LOL!!! I meant to say poop deck, not poop dack. If you read that quickly i almost sound mennonite.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Yes you certainly do. That story just cracked me up. Good job Ben!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

LOL @ poop dack, yep, sounds kinda mennonite when you say it in your head. Tara and Adam are coming for a few days the beginning of August. (July 31 -Aug 4) I was going to say maybe I could look forward to something like that, but I am sure Adam is toilet trained by now. He starts kindergarten in the fall.

I hope you guys are out here so that you can see her!!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Blogger was being annoying yesterday, sorry for the repeated comments!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy freakin' crap, that's so funny. I literally laughed out loud. Good luck on winning the prize, hope you pick out a sweet bike.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

did you get a new bike yet? huh? what's happening? you need to let us know... gosh!!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Toad said...

TRAV....THEY ARE IN B.C. DESTROYING MY SOCIAL LIFE, REMEMBER? I SAW THE BIKE. ITS NICE.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

Hey John, just letting you know that we joined the blogging Braun's today. Your poop "dack" story was hilarious.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

John, you have been home for a few days already and you still haven't writen a new post. What are you waiting for.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

ang... did you ride the nice bike?

3:15 PM  
Blogger Toad said...

OF COURSE I DID. THEN I EYED UP HIS OLD BIKE THINKING ABOUT WHAT PARTS I COULD STEEL OFF IT....LIKE THE NICE SEAT. GIDDY UP.

ITS A SWEET RIDE. LUCKY. I TOOK IT OFF SOME SWEET JUMPS.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

gosh!! that's funny

1:32 AM  
Blogger Toad said...

i got the sweet bike seat. killer.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home