Monday, July 17, 2006

The absolute best

Once again we got to make the trip to Yorkton to see two out of the three best grandchildren in the world. I know, some of you might think you have a little competition as far as smarts, or cute or athletics go, but really, until you have met these kids you just don't know.
We went to Good Spirit lake on Sat. and what a lot of fun. The best part was playing in the water with Ben, the second best was, even though I went without a shirt, nobody came running up yelling "Hey what's a beluga doing in Saskatchewan?" and try to push me into the lake.
That Ben can talk like a college grad. Maybe not quite as clear, but with just as many words. I just love that kid. He makes me laugh all the time, and I love to follow him around and see what he is going to do next. Sam just kind of lays around and waits for someone to hold him. He is smiling now and even smiled for me. Although the little wiener is starting to play shy with me. A couple of times when I tried to pick him up he would cry. By the time we went home of course he came without a problem. Ahh, I love him anyways, cause he still curls up in your arms and just loves to cuddle. What a fun weekend. Still tired, got to cut this short and go to bed early.

7 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Once again I am almost jealous. If it wasn't for Ethan and Connor I would have a hard time with all your mushy posts, John, but when Ethan sees me and yells, "Meemo, I come to your house!" I almost melt. Of course, then the first thing he asks is, "Where's Jack?" and then my bubble gets a little smaller. I just pray that this is not the closest I will come to grandkids. If so, I will just have to live vicariously through all of you.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, is that a beluga?! *pushes you* Ha ha.

I don't have any grandchildren (seeing as that's slightly impossible), but I've got a nephew whom I am hopefully going to see this summer. But from what I can tell, I just know that Ben and Sam arethe cutest little guys ever. When Becky writes what Ben says in "Ben-speak", I can just imagine him saying it. Glad to hear you had so much fun with him.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Great post. It's weird that my aunts and uncles are turning into Grandma's and Grandpa's. I'm not sure if I like it, though I like Ben and Sam, Connor and Ethan, Noah, Chloe, and Camry. (am I missing anyone? It just feels like growing up, and that's a little strange.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time with your grandsons. Art and I are just hoping to be able to have that opportunity soon with our own Grandson.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

what's really funny tho mel, is that ethan and conner are actually our cousins and not nephews. but yeah... our cousins and brothers and sisters are all becoming moms and dads... it's kinda neat... i love being uncle trav... it's an awesome thing... i think the only thing cooler will be when i'm pappa trav... that will be cool... totally crazy, but cool... anyways... i'm out

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such an awesome time John. I am having a blast spending the summer with Chloe in the house. It is going to be very hard to say good bye because she is such a wonderful little person and has beconme part of my daily schedule. It is so wonderful to see her first thing, with her bed head and slightly stinky diaper, and to be able to kiss her good night every night. Oh my goodness I'm getting a lump in my throat. This is going to be worse than I thought. Grandchildren should live within a half hour drive from thier grandparents. RIGHT? Right!!!
Sue

3:07 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

Okay I don't know why this posted as Robyn but that wasn't her. It was really me. What a dumb computer. You'd think it would know that it's me on now!! arggg!!!!!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home