Monday, June 26, 2006

Uplifting things that didn't make the news versus...the other stuff.

So my daughter said its hard to comment on my blog when I just get on there and rant about the latest thing I heard in the news that got my blood pressure up. Here are some of those things.
I think my grandson Noah is going to be a pitcher in the majors. Did anybody ever read that book by George Plimpton ( I think) about someone finding this young man who could throw a fastball at around 140 mph. It was of course fiction, but it was a good book. I am pretty sure that will be Noah. You should see him throw a dish of apple sauce, or yogurt. He has an amazing arm. The dish will literally fly across the room and he hardly uses any windup. That is why most of the things he throws, end up where he throws them, because he is so fast. He doesn't need a windup to propel the things he throws across the room. He just stuffs his cute little face with whatever is put on his tray until, without any warning, the next piece he picks up ends up across the room. Its so funny.
Ben of course is still enamored with tractors, trains, cars, almost any type of equipment. The boys at the railroad museum just outside of Saskatoon owe me a favor or two, and the next time Benjamin comes to town I think I will call in one of those favors. If you haven't seen his blog with the loader and truck, you have to go there. That is without a doubt an award winning picture. I just love that boy. And you know what, he likes me too. Yea I know, go figure. I have a hard time saying no to him, so he likes to hang out with me.
Sam smiled and I missed it. Gosh, golly gee wiz. The trials of living so far away. If they lived closer I could just go over and pick up a smile whenever I needed one. Yea that's right Becky, you live to far away.
Also in the not reported news. I am back on track to have my big bottle of shampoo last until November. Why didn't I think of this sooner. I just shaved my head. No hair, no shampoo. I mean if worse comes to worse, I'll just use hand soap. The only bad thing about no hair is, your face is that much longer. Now it stretches from just below my chin all the way up and over to my collar. What a money saver this is going to turn into. No combs, no haircuts to pay for, no shampoo or conditioner, although I never used anything but shampoo anyway, but still. I don't have to buy it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Dad.

You are completely off your rockers. I think this "no shampoo" kick off yours has to go down in the record books as one of your looniest moments.

I'd put it in there with the time you cracked up the news anchor with your comment on the perogy-selling-MP, and with your habit of picking things up out of ditches and along railway tracks. Seriously, Oscar from Corner Gas has nothing on you. You are a sitcom writer's dream.

Don't ever change.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I love this entry. I think it's awesome, and it made me laugh. I think it's as adorable as Ben sitting in front of the tractors, that you are so enamoured with your grandsons. They're very lucky to have you.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

This is a great post. It makes me smile and I feel like I just had coffee with you.

4:58 PM  
Blogger John said...

And if you invite me to your house this summer, I will gladly drink your coffee.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's great how much you love your grandsons (though I don't know who couldn't they're so cute). And I think the no shampoo thing is fabulous. Honestly, if I knew I wouldn't look like a complete idiot with a shaved head, I'd totally do it. Except I like the smell of shampoo, soo... maybe not.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I wish I could shave my head bald also. It would make mornings so much easier. Glad to hear you can spend some time with your adorable grand sons!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger John said...

Its only hair Carol and Carrie. In a year from now, who would know.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know, but my head would be naked. And I play with my hair a lot. I'd end up chewing my nails even worse than I do now.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I would shave it, but I am in the midst of trying to grow it out, so it will have to wait a while, until I get sick of growing it out and then cut it. :)

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home