Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Can Grandpa's gain arrows.

Psalm 127:3-5
"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
I know this is speaking of the fathers, but sometimes I feel like I am the one who just got blessed by God. This grandpa stuff is heady stuff. Samuel ??? , Glen and Becky's second son came into the world at about 1;30 this pm, and eversince I have been busting out with a sense of pride in my growing family. Yes, I know that it is not my son, but I now have 3 grandchildren. God has trully blessed us. Becky and the baby are doing good. Keep checking your e-mails, and Beckys blog for upcoming photos. When I talked to Glen this afternoon, he seemed up there in the clouds and it might take a bit for him to come down where the rest of us live, and remember that we would like to see pics of this newest edition.
I truly live under the wing of a very benevolent God. First when I was walking away from Him, he loved me and died for me, then blessed me with 4 beautiful kids, and now I get the joys of being a Grandpa to the most handsome boys in the world. I have nothing but praise and thanks in my heart. Thank-you God.

8 Comments:

Blogger Trav said...

congratulations grandpa

3:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A third-time Grandpa!! Congrats, Uncle John!! I will be waiting for the pictures Glen will hopefully post!!

10:14 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Congrats to you and Chris.!! The pics were great. Ben looks so cute holding his little brother. I am waiting very impatiently for the arrival of my first one..can't wait to meet the little guy.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!!
they all look good. Ben looks so proud , almost as if he's responsible. I guess in a way he is. He is so cute and lovable his Mom & Dad wanted to have another just like him. Way to go Ben!!!
Love you all
Sue

2:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congratulations on being a grandpa once again, and ofcourse congrats to Grandma too.

Glen has posted some pics on Becky's blog. They all look very happy!!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Aww, congrats Uncle John! Or Grandpa John! How great to have three little boys! All this baby stuff is getting me all worked up. I'm going to go buy a puppy.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL I know, so many babies!! I wish I could get a puppy... maybe a bunny...

10:06 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Wow... Samuel John...you must just be about to burst with pride.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home