Saturday, February 25, 2006

Good Friday

As anybody who has stayed at my house can verify, my day stretches from about 5:30 am to about 10:00 pm. In between that time if I am forced to be awake, I am pretty much comatose anyway so you may as well let me go to bed. Last night was no different. So, at around ten I said goodnight to my Chris, who has lately just become this knitting machine, (but thats another story) and went to bed. I like to read a little in bed before I go to sleep and when I opened the bedroom door, I got a surprise. There was a card and a book on my pillow. The card said some things that I can't repeat here cause this is a family kind of blog, but it also said Happy Birthday, Happy Valentines day and Happy Friday. The book was written by Stuart McClean. For those who don't know, he writes story's of Dave and Morley and their life from dating to marriage and beyond. They are all short funny stories about their life together. He also does live performances and puts them on tape and cd. If you like to laugh and sometimes feel kinda weepy (never me though) check this guy out.
Somebody likes me, somebody likes me.... this last sentence should be read with a kind of lilt in your voice and you should think of happy thoughts and skipping down the street.
It really was a good friday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

So, John, you didn't say who likes you and is it the same person who gave you the card and the book? Was that person your wife? We know you are a fantastic grandpa and you must be fairly good at being a husband or Chris would have kicked you to the curb years ago. Just kidding. I'm glad weekends are so precious for you. Enjoy.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You really should get your wife to blog something. She has 16 comments on a post that says "Testing". Rediculous! Imagine what she would get if she said "Hi"

9:20 AM  
Blogger John said...

Course it was my wife, who gave me the book. There is no one else here but Chris, Roscoe and me. I just bought myself a new fishing reel for a present and Roscoe spends all his allowance on pupperoni, so that only leaves Chris.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad to hear about having a good Friday. Really sorry to hear about the snow.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home