Saturday, February 11, 2006

You really should sign out of your blogger account when you leave the computer... Especially if you have company... It's just good thinking really.

Well, I fixed up Dad's blog with all of the links he wanted... I think. Now I feel like since I'm here already I may as well write a post for him.

We're here! The roads were pretty stinky half of the way, but we took it slow and made it safe and sound. Ben is ecstatic to be reunited with his one great love... Dad. Don't get me wrong, he LOVES his grandma. He loves his Mommy and Daddy and Auntie, but, as we all expected to happen eventually... Ben has decided there is no one who is as fun as his Grandpa. 'Course, Ben calls him "Mama" which is pretty funny from my end of things.

Tonite there was non-stop playing. Ben wouldn't even eat, he was having to much fun playing some kind of loud, freaky, laughing game with Dad. Then they played cars for a while, then up onto the bed for some tiger rides, then back to the cars, back to the bed... etc. Then poor old Dad got tired. He tried to go to bed. I think he tried three or four times before he finally managed to close his door and actually lie down in his bed alone... no Ben. Grandpa's boy is pretty persistent though... he ran down the hall to Dad's closed bedroom door and cried, "Mama! Mama! Pees! Pees!" (Translation: Grandpa! Grandpa! Please! Please!) Lucky for dad he is pretty deaf and missed most of it. Unlucky for Dad, Mom didn't miss a word and has a pretty soft heart. Ben's sobbing little voice at the end of a dimly lit hallway did her in. She opened Dad's door, let Ben in, and told Dad what his poor sweet little grandson was doing outside his door.

tomorrow morning Glen and I are going to sleep in while Mom and Dad take Ben out for breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa and Ron and Trudy. Yeeeee! I wish we lived closer. That's all I can say. That and I just hope he doesn't make strange. Nite all!

11 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Glad to hear you arrived safely, and Ben has a chance to be with his Grandparents.

11:38 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Way to go Becky. Glad to know that your dad is able to spend time with Ben. I'm sure we'll all hear about how much he misses him after you're gone. That's the hardest part. Those dang goodbyes.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I don't get it...I am finally on your list and you give Mealanie two spots. i know she's cool and all that, but seriously.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww... my Uncle John sounds like such an awesome Grandpa...

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. That's not my name is it?

6:22 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

what's really funny is becky gets just as many comments on uncle john's blog as she does on her own

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is adorable. Gosh, I'd love to see Ben. Give him a little hug for me if he has time after playing with his Grandpa.

2:15 PM  
Blogger John said...

Trav all i did was leave my computer for a bit and she was on it. Yea it is great to have Ben here, he says so many words now, most of which I don't understand, and he wants to play all the time. Doesn't matter what, as long as its with him, he is happy. He is a great kid.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ok John, I posted a pic of Art and myself on the site. Course since we are always the ones behind the camera, the pics actually aren't of us together. Hope you are enjoying your time with your Grandson!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

OK, John,
It's a whole week since your last post and you didn't even do that one. Do I have to call Becky and get her to come post for you again? You should really be ashamed of yourself by now, don't you think?

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home