Saturday, April 01, 2006

My weekend at Ben's

Somewhere in one of my familys blogs this comment was made. "you bunch of jackals." Somehow that seems to fit a couple of my family members. My car engine wasn't even cold from the trip to Yorkton and Carol, Margaret and Mitz are all at me like a jackal at something dead. Mitz so graciously wants to call a truce to the correction thing and at the end threatens everyone if they don't behave. Idle threat of course, you little pipsqueak. Who could you hurt?
Ahh, that's why I like being in the family I am. Couldn't think of a better place to be.
A good chunk of my weekend with Ben was spent in the basement working. If I had not forgot some of my tools, if I was a better handyman, if I was faster handyman, if I didn't get distracted so easy by Ben, if, if, if, if, if. All in all it was a good weekend. We got quite a bit done. Angie painted like crazy. Becky mudded. Chris babysat Ben *whine*. And I did some carpentry, and played with Ben. I taught him the ryhme, No more monkeys jumping on the bed, of course this has to happen as you are jumping on the bed. Poor little guy tried it all by himself and fell off the bed. We were to busy to go playing in the puddles, but next time we definitly will. Have to go to town and get ready for our missions conference tonight so see you all later you bunch of Jackals.

9 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

John you jackal.
Did you not know about Hannah when you posted this. If you did you should be ashamed of yourself. I had to find out on Becky's blog from Glen. Congratulations on your new grand daughter. You lucky stiff.
Mom is on the phone with me and is calling you to find out why they didn't get a call. Na na na na na. You're in trouble now.

3:59 PM  
Blogger John said...

You are like a jackfish after a red and white len thompson. April fools, Tuts.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Yeah, yeah. I figured it out. I thought Mitz was mean, but your daughter gives mean a whole new meaning.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I hope you called Grandma and Grandpa back...

AND did you REALLY think even for a second that Dad would put up a post about what he did last weekend when he had a new Grandchild? (I thought that would give it away for sure.) Ahhhh... I love you Aunty Margaret. I thought Ang was gullible, but you give the word a whole new meaning.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Hey, when I read this kind of news I didn't even think about what your Dad had written last weekend. And you know if I hadn't been on the phone with my mom this would have never gotten this big. I would have read the comments before calling anyone and it would have registered that it was April Fool's day. I'm so glad I can entertain you so well.
Anyway, I rest my case. I do have a mean family.

8:12 AM  
Blogger John said...

I can't do anything but laugh. Mom phoned me and said congratulations and was all ticked at me for not telling her earlier when we talked on the phone. You guys are just to funny.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh goodness, I'm sorry, Auntie Margaret, but that's way too funny... LOL

Hope next time you see Ben you get to walk in the puddles.. Puddles are sweet...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad you had a wonderful week end with your grandson.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hello - got a new blog. I hate msn.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home