Thursday, March 02, 2006

I hatesss it...

It snowed again. 15 no good for nothin, lousy, stinkin centimetres, or 6 inches. But when your whining about it, you always go with 15 no good for nothin, lousy, stinkin centimetres. I just got in from shoveling the path from the back door to the garage. Yesterday I shoveled most of the front driveway. The rest I will do in June if it is still there. Some of you may have read or at least heard about the western paperback books and there is always some poor hero heads into the desert with a horse and pack, then a few days or weeks later he pulls himself out and barely makes it to the nearest creek. Well thats how thirsty I was when I was done shoveling today. I barely made it to the fridge, managed to reach in and pour myself a near beer, (no alcohol) went to put in a dolop of clamato, and low and behold it was light cranberry grape juice. Through my bleary eyed, near delerium state I was just able to stop the flow before it was completely spoiled, pull out the proper mix and fill my glass. I drank it anyway, even though it had a bit of a purple tinge to it.
What I am trying to convey here is that I don't like winter. None of it. But I can't leave. My grandson's live to close. And those boys are worth putting up with anything.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know... It hardly snowed at all in Yorkton AND Ben lives there AND it is 3 hours closer to Noah. (Just something for you to ponder.)

12:43 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

My heart truely goes out to you. To hate winter as much as you do, but to have such strong ties must be very discouraging. I think the only way for you to survive winters is to have at least two holidays a year in the best part of Canada. See, that way you could even visit with your son and all your family out here. I assure you, none of us would mind giving you and Chris a room while you're here. This winter wasn't the best we have ever had, but we still didn't need to call search and rescue if we wandered too far away from the front door in an effort to clear away the mountains of snow. Do you know that I don't even have a "winter" jacket. I just wear sweaters.

8:33 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

John, we have been watching the weather channel and seeing all that snow and I feel for you. I really do. I don't really think people realize how deep my hatred of winter really is. Honestly, I do passionately hater it. Even just snow without the cold. The other morning Ken and I took our coffee's into the hot tub which we often do and it was about +2 and snowing. It was coming down like crazy and in a couple of hours, our ground was white. Ken kept saying that it really was beautiful but it really wasn't. I was mad. It just ruined my morning. Good thing by lunch time it was all gone but I just really just hate snow and cold. I'd rather have rain any day. I don't know how much I would put up with for my grandchildren. I am not quite there yet so we'll see. I'm just glad he'll be born here and not there. This winter has definitely been wetter than the last few but when the sun comes out, we have instant spring. Some flowers are already blooming and of course my grass has been green all winter so yeah...this is the place for me. I have a spare room all waiting if you need to get away.:)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah... winter sucks... well, not here, but... you know...

11:15 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

you know becky...pretty soon yorkton won't be 3 hrs from Noah...pretty soon yorkton will be 4 hours from Noah... cause all he'll have to do is take a trek down his basement stairs to see him...hehehe

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday it was +15 here again, and today looks as though it will be the same. It's a nice change. I miss BC sometimes, but I would rather have snow for winter and sunshine, as long as it's not too cold. Not for me though, the rain drives Peter totally mental, and he gets all depressed. I can't take that. I guess the snow will have to do. But he could say the same thing about me when it snows and gets cold. I get downright angry...especially here where the wind just never lets up.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Melissa:

I know it. My only worry is that he'll die from the happiness... I think it might be too much for poor old Dad to handle...

12:08 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

John, I just thought I would give you some news that would make you a little bit happier. Yesterday, March freakin' 10th!, it started snowing here. It melted as soon as it hit the ground, but it was still snowing! Then, a couple of hours later I went to Nanaimo and they had about 4 inches of the stupid white stuff! I can't stand it! It's the middle of March and we are supposed to be sitting ion the beach with a coffee, not sweeping snow! Anyway, I just thought it would make all you Saskatchewanites a little happier. Have a great day!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home