Monday, April 17, 2006

My car

I went to see my car today for the first time since it was stolen on the 8th. Had to meet the guy from SGI in Rosthern to look at it. It is definitely written off. One back window was broken, the motor wouldn't turn over, front passenger corner had some damage, couple of other spots that had body damage. He must have banged it into something a few times. When they found it the car was sitting in water up to about 8 inches above the bottom of the door. The water was deep enough so that the seats were wet, and it smells kinda bad in the car. Now I have to buy a new car. Harv, from Harvs Autobody had about 20 vehicles in his yard today and he pointed out 6 or7 to me that were all stolen. He said he usually had that many stolen vehicles in his lot all the time. Now my vehicle is a stat among many, that is going to cost each and every one of us who pays insurance more money. And the slimeball who took it is going to continue to take my tax dollars to live, and the government and all the agencies who protect people like that, will continue to deny that we all need to be accountable for our actions. Some of them have grown up in horrible homes, but to continue to blame everybody and everything else for their actions will not change anything, it will only perpetuate that same lifestyle in their childrens children; and the problems continue. My tax dollars will continue to support study after study, and also support the criminal, the few they catch, while he languishes in jail for a few short months for the thousands he has cost all of us. But we can not blame him, we must protect him, for it is society that has made him what he is. Never mind about free will and accountability. I am so frustrated. I am going to go to town and maybe start shopping for a car. Any ideas?

10 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Cool people drive red station wagons. It's a fact. I looked it up.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

and by cool you mean soccer moms??
and yes, i consider doft a soccer mom for also driving a red station wagon... he know's the truth

3:23 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What red station wagon? Doft now drives a tan mini van. His red station wagon gave up the ghost about two months ago. And, yes. The tan mini van (a Montana) is very cool.
John,
I would get something economical that could make it all the way to Vancouver Island in comfort.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

holy crap... doft must have a soccer ball tattooed on his butt... he is the epitomy of a soccer mom

11:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL... Uncle David's a soccer mom... that's fabulous... I agree with Becky... I definitely think that you should get a red station wagon, Uncle John... with the fake wood panelling... You would definitely be the coolest person I know...

But honestly... I don't know if there's any in your area, but Kyle and I got our car from a local public car auction for just under $400... an '88 Bonneville... it's not fabulous by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a car... They have cars in all sorts of price ranges, and you can usually get a pretty good deal... Just a suggestion...

Or just go right out and get a Ferrari... or a Lamboughini would be good, too... A lime green Diablo would be sweet... Or get a car like I want to get... a Austin Mini (the original ones, not the new ones) painted plaid... it'll be the sweetest...

2:32 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I say go out and get a vehicle....preferrably with 4 wheels and a motor..... LOL

5:50 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

don't get a saturn... but i think i already told you that

6:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks again Trav. Would anyone think I had slipped a little to the side if I got a Acura Integra? It was red and looked really fast. Aww, I will probably get another four door something. It will be either a toyota, honda, nissan or something like that. It will have to be an automatic, cause Chris refuses to learn how to drive a standard. She still remembers trying to drive my old 67 chevy, with the farmer 4 speed in it. I tried to tell her the new standards are a little easier to drive, but it got me nowhere. And with the price of gas, I think it will be a 4 cylinder. I will not drive a minivan, and if I ever do, I will claim to my death bed that I have amnesia.

9:10 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

John, I agree about the mini van. I will never get one again. Been there done that. We are getting a Nissan Xterra. I am all about the SUV's and it is a bright yellow. I love it. Ken did take a mazda RX8 for a drive and that is the car you should get. What an amazing car.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

John,

If needing to take grandkids for drives, I am sure a 4 door would come in much handier, although a sports car would be cool too

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home