Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Weekend with my grandsons.

Went to Yorkton this weekend, and had a most marvelous time. Ripped apart an old greenhouse, and put up railing around the deck so that Ben couldn't take a header 5 feet down to the ground. I found a small hammer at a garage sale and a nice little apron at Peavey Mart, ( for hardware and a whole lot more) and had him decked out like the little helper he is. I love that boy. I couldn't find one to fit Sam, guess he will have to wait.
Glen helped me until he stepped on a great big old nail. To his credit, he didn't whine or cry, just sat there and bled like a man until Becky brought him a bandage.
Played with Sam a bit, watched the Oilers kick butt, and the Riders get kicked. Now the Oilers are done and most of Canada is sad. I am not an Oilers fan, but I remember the Hurricanes knocked my Leafs out of the playoffs once, so I will always hate them. That of course has happened with almost all the teams in the NHL so my hate list is definitely longer than my like list. Usually in the playoffs I pick my favorite team by how recently they knocked out my Leafs. If it just happened, my wrath knows no bounds. If it was a long time ago, I tend to be a little more forgiving. But this year.... this year will be different. We have a new coach, I heard Aki Berg left to pursue a career in Europe, (I am so happy) now if they would just fire Ferguson I would really be excited about this year. We are such next year fans.
Went home on Sunday and picked up Noah and kept him till Monday night while Johnny and Melissa had a bit of a holiday. Dianne, (Melissa's mom) had Noah Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. I have gained a new respect for stay at home m0ms. Not that I didn't know that your job as care giver is vitally important, but to actually spend a day with a whirlwind after being away from it for so long, has awakened in me a deep respect for the things you accomplish through-out your day. In my mind I am on my knees with my hat in hand. That boy just goes from one thing to the next, with hands that can open almost anything and a mind that just screams for stimulation. When he finally went down for a couple of hours to refresh his body, (so he could see if he could get his grandpa to crash and burn) I went down as well and had a nap. I have no idea how you moms do anything, except look after these little guys. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. If I get asked again, I will jump at the chance. What a fun little guy.
All in all, a great weekend. Spent it getting my grandpa cup filled and a new drill from Canadian Tire.

Does it get any better?

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time with your grandsons. Yes kids at that age can be quite a handful. I guess that is why we are usually young when we have small children.

Just sitting and watching Ethan run around all over makes me tired and want a nap!!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You know what he did for that drill? He bought it. He handed it to Mom and told her "Here hold this. Now say Happy Father's Day." What a guy.

10:13 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Sounds like John. What a guy.
I am glad to hear that you had a great Father's Day weekend. I spent the weekend playing Mommy to Luke and you are right. They are very time consuming. Even at this age. And he sleeps more than Noah I'm sure. But as you, I would do it again in a heartbeat...heh wait a minute..I do that every morning.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

It's not fair. I have no grandchildren and I have no electric drill.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home