Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Titles are so hard

Sometimes I know what I want to say, well most of the time I know. But titles are tough. They are supposed to grab you and make you want to sit and read this, cause you know by the title that this is going to be good. Well, hope you don't feel to ripped off. Nothing here but the ramblings of a grandfather. BUT, A VERY PROUD GRANDPA. Becky and Glenn were here on the weekend and her and Angie decided that since Noah was way out in Winnipeg on his birthday, they would throw him one this weekend. What a great time. I think I got him eating his cake, and if I can ever figure out how to get my video to my computer, I'll show it to you. We had a bar-b-que, presents and cake and icecream, what a treat.
While Ben was here I tried to teach him to hold up his hand and say "talk to the hand". He'd repeat it but didn't hold up his hand. Today Becky called and said while she was talking to Glenn about talking to the doctor, Ben all of sudden said " talkin inna hand". My mission is starting to bear fruit. He is starting to repeat everything you say so I will have to start being a little careful.
Noah has a few more teeth, still nothing in front on top, but I'm sure they will come. He was here yesterday and had a nap on me. There is almost nothing as good as holding a sleeping baby. And Sam is just a spitting image of Ben.
Last November I bought a big bottle of shampoo. I'll bet your wondering where this is going. Well here it is. I was wondering if I only used just enough shampoo to clean my hair. Not that much that there would be suds running down my head, but just enough to clean it. Just enough is about the size of a nickel in your hand and about the thickness of two nickels. If you keep your hair short and wait to try something like this until your hair is falling out like a shedding golden retriever, and wash your hair only every second day, this litre bottle just may make the fall. Not sure about Nov, but we are going to give it our best shot. I am not normally this frugal, but the challenge just grabbed hold of me like a really good title to a blog and here I am, on a quest.
Becky, why didn't you pull down all the birthday decorations in my basement before you left, huh? You and your little sister.

8 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

I can't ever think of a good title either. That's why I don't post as often as I should. Just don't know what to say half the time. I enjoy reading other people 'ramblings' so maybe I should just ramble on.

Glad you get to enjoy at least one grandchild living close. It is a huge blessing

11:36 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

don't lose that birthday banner...that's my mom's. i forgot it there.
that's all.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I am not even sure "frugal" would be the right word. But then when you only have a few hair to wash, I guess it will last a long time. ha ha

8:52 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Yeah, I can think of a few words describing your shampoo experiment that are better than frugal, also. :)
You know, Mitz. Not thinking of a good title is a pretty poor excuse to not blog. Admit it. You and Ken sit and watch Luke sleep every spare minute. With all that action going on in your house, when would you have time to blog.

7:19 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Very true! But I did put up a new post so there..even has a picture.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate titles... it normally takes forever for me to write something that I like... soo... I procrastinate, and don't blog for a while until I either get inspired, or people start yelling at me telling me to update.

I'm glad you had a good time with your grandsons... I think it would be the cutest to see Ben say "Talk to the hand". I'm sure his mom is very impressed.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Trav said...

see i can come up with titles... just not content

8:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Trav, I think you're doing just fine... I'll be the first to stay I'm going to stop bugging you about not posting... So, I'll bug... Reagan... Or maybe Jen, as she can't post anymore anyway.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home