Friday, April 28, 2006

To sleep....perchance to dream

I was really tired last night, went to bed at 10, my mother hen son Jonathan called at 10:15, to make sure that I had packed clean underwear and socks for my trip to Winnipeg this morning, and to say that I probably shouldn't try to wear my leatherman on the plane. I still went to sleep soon after, and then woke up at 4:30 and new instantly that there was no point in prolonging it, I may as well get up cause I was not going to get back to sleep. Made coffee, went to the post office and was going to spray a dry moxy lube into my lock because it is really stiff, but the sorter was there, and this stuff smells like rubbing alcohol, so I'm going to wait till another time. Went home, took the laundry out of the dryer and ONCE AGAIN MY T-SHIRTS ARE FLIPPED INSIDE OUT. Sometimes I have thought that someone is doing this to me on purpose, but there is only me here, even Roscoe is now at the kennel, so how come when I put in a t-shirt, dirty side out, it comes out of the dryer turned inside out. I know, its not that big a deal, but it bugs me to have to turn it around before hanging it up, or putting it in the drawer. I think I'll go upstairs, and clean up a little before I leave to go see Noah. The next time I come home Chris will be with me and she has been gone for a week, it would hardly do to let her see that I have reverted so far in only 7 days. I can see why some guys living alone are not able to attract a woman. Why would she want you, you look like the missing link and your place looks like a cave. Men were not meant to live alone. First we needed our mothers and now we need the influence of our wives. And I miss mine. I better go and dust out the cave.

7 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

Well, have a good trip anyway, seeings as you won't even read this until you are back. I am sure you will have had a great time seeing your family again.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I hope you have a great trip. My husband would keep an imaculate house if left alone, but he wouldn't eat. He forgets all the time. If I don't ask him about dinner, he comes into the kitchen at 11pm and eats ten olives and a piece of cheese, and some wheat thins if he's really motivated. If I left for a week?! I'd come back and find him emaciated, scrawny, sitting in the middle of the floor, playing Madden, in the middle of an imaculate home with a half empty jar of olives next to him.

11:17 AM  
Blogger amy said...

I love reading your blog Uncle John! I can hear you saying it and laughing too. It's as if you were right here in my family room.
Keep on enjoying your family.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hey... Since when do you quote Shakespeare?

7:26 PM  
Blogger John said...

Becky, I am a lot more learned than you know. I tink, derfor I is.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi uncle john, i just read a whole bunch of your entries and i laughed so hard... codington??? lol, nice. anyways, just thought i'd let you know i stopped in and you can come see my blog sometime too, it might not be as interesting as yours, but give it a chance :D

11:02 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL Dad. You funny guy.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home