Tuesday, June 12, 2007

#66

Thank-you Melissa, I am now just going to number my posts from now on, unless inspiration hits when I think of a topic to write about.
Couple of things. The swelling in my leg went away with nary a diagnosis from the doc's. So thank-you very much for praying. You asked and God answered.
The other topic is one where I need to eat a little crow. And now that I am on a almost no salt diet, the feathers go down so hard. If you will recall I went on a rampage one day and everybody that had not posted for about a month got a comment from me telling that person to get with the program and post something new already. So when Melissa suggested this numbering thing, I went back and counted each one of my posts to see what number I would be on when I next posted. I know, I know, on the sign in page it tells you how many posts you have done, I never saw it until I had counted all the posts. Now the bad part. There was at least once that I didn't post for almost 2 months, and a few more times that were almost as bad. This does not include the time that I was in the hospital. I almost cried when I realized that I had called down my family members for the very thing that I had done, and my lapses were even worse. Ha, did not. But I did say duh, a couple of times and now I ate my crow and I am over it. Anyways, no more chastising for the lack of posts on anybodys part, unless I join in on a piranha feed like I have seen this family do in good fun.
The other thing I did was join crossings, again. I got five books, and a free gift for $9.50 which includes shipping and handling. I must buy 4 more books in the next 2 years. I would do that anyway, so I just hope I don't screw up some where and get stung. The free gift is this little electronic organizer thing. With this offer one of the books had to be this $60.00 Nelsons NKJV study bible. It has a lot of really good features so I think I will really like that. And who out there doesn't need another Max Lucado book.
Anyways, that's it from here, and again, thank-you very much for praying for me. God is working.

10 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

John, you didn't have to eat crow on my part. I think I speak for us all when we took your ranting in good fun. We also know you well and know your heart. It was not done with the wrong intention.
So if you want to barf up the crow now, go ahead but the feathers might be a little harder to get up than down :)
So blessed to hear that your leg is better. We are all still praying for you. It's so nice to see people in church who I haven't talked to in weeks come up and ask me how you are doing. They want the whole story now just...he's doing much better and is home now'. They want to know everything because they tell me that they are still praying. It blesses my heart so much. This is what it truly means to be a part of God's FAMILY!
So keep the updates coming because people you don't even know really do want to know how you are doing as well as all of us.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL. You almost cried. That was funny.

Crossings rocked for me. I had no troubles and in the end a whole bunch of new books to donate to our church library. (I figure if I want to read them again I can just sign them out!)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I, like Mitz, have parents from school come up to me and ask how you are doing. Some of them I recognize as a parent to a kid in school, but I don't have a clue as to their name. They just know that I have a brother with cancer and they are praying. It is totally amazing.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Toad said...

HA HA. EAT CROW! DOES THIS MEAN I'M OFF THE HOOK AND I DON'T HAVE TO POST NOW? AWESOME. THANKS DAD. YOU'RE THE BEST. ALTHOUGH...I INTEND ON POSTING SOON.

8:44 AM  
Blogger John said...

Ang, you are not off the hook. There are many people besides me who are waiting with bated breath for a post from you.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You tell her, John.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad that your leg is better. And don't worry about asking for new posts. But the thought of you trying to choke down a crow amused me. Because when I imagined it, the crow was alive and making loud crow-like noises, and you were kind of swallowing it like a snake, detached jawbone and all. It was pretty cool. I wish I could post my thoughts on YouTube and then I could show it to you. There's a direct feed to YouTube from your webcam. Maybe one day... direct feed to YouTube from your brain. Oh, that could be scary.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see an update.
The number thing works.
Yes, lots of people are praying, and knowing what's happening helps when they ask me questions.
Praise God, the swelling is gone. \o/
M.K.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Good to her that your leg is better. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Mitx, this is the second blog where you have mentioned barf. The first being on Carrie's blog. I think you have a barf fetish. he he

As for eating crow John, no need. We all get busy with stuff, and who wants to blog when summer is here. Besides, I have Facebook. AND BTW (by the way....in case you forgot) I am still awaiting your approval to add as a friend there. *taps foot :o)

9:03 PM  
Blogger John said...

Carol I don't know what happened, please send the request thing again and I will definitely add you as a friend, cause you know as far as friends go you rank way up at the top. btw,,,hey, hey the last laugh you sent out did not come through on my e-mail.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home