Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another thing that bites.

If any of you remember my last post I said I was going to quit ranting. That is why I have not posted. Ranting is a part of who I am, its what I do. So out goes the non ranting position I took.
Here goes.
I can understand just two languages. One is english and the other is low german. I need them spoken at a little higher decibels than in my youth, but I still understand them. But I don't understand english mixed with french, arabic, spanish, yiddish, russian, high german or any other number of languages or dialects that are spoken somewhere in the world today. It doesn't matter what you watch on tv, if the person being interviewed speaks a different language, all producers now take it upon themselves to prove to us all that the interview being conducted is authentic, by broadcasting both the speaker and the interpreter's voice at the same time. Most of us, because we live in an english speaking country, speak english. We wouldn't really have a clue what the other person is saying anyway. For all we know they're reciting a subliminal message like, "drink the juice, satan is your friend, God is dead" over and over as the interpreter is going on about the seal hunt. How do we know? We don't, because we can't understand either language. In our left ear we get the juice message and in the other we hear the seal message, and what we think we actually here is that Newfoundland has discovered a new energy drink made from the blubber of the seal harp. It is completely natural, and even Paul McCartney is endorsing it.
Get it straight people, and give it to me in one language at a time.

14 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I totally agree, John. We live in Canada and watch the news on Canadian TV channels. Just speak English, already. If you live in this country you should be able to speak English. If you can't then learn so that we can all watch TV in English.
By the way it's good to see you posted again. Keep it up; even if it is complaining. None of mind since we all do it too.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

energy drink made from seal blubber?

um, that's disgusting, I don't care what language it's in.

Glad to hear you're feeling better

9:00 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

You want to know what else bites???? When you try to call your brother 5 times in the last week and a half and he's never home. Is he okay? Home alone? Unconcious and no one knows? Or worse? Then you have to call your sister to see how he is doing. No one seems to know much. So you worry and pray and worry some more and call again and check his blog or his wife's blog to see if someone, ANYONE will tell you what is going on. You are ready to drive to his house and then suddenly HE POSTS! Oh hallelujah PTL!! he's up and around enough to tell us how he's doing and all he has to say is complaints about some TV stuff and doesn't even let us know how he's doing???? Not a word! Now THAT BITES!!!!
How are you doing by the way John??

11:38 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

DIt ess very fonich John. Doat juice seemt disgusting and makes me want to kaultz. dankshein for the loatest rant broudda.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Mitz , the best way to find out what is going on with John is to come out and see for yourself. Godd idea, Yes? Please say Yes!!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I agree with you. If you don't speak their language, they could be saying anything. Take for example what Sue just posted. ????? Now I have to get Art to interpret. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

i will interpret... and i'm just guessing... 'cause i only know the swear words in low german (thanks doft)

this is very funny john, that juice seems disgusting and makes me want to vomit. thanks for the latest rant brother.

ok... those of you that know what mom posted... let me know how i did

11:31 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Yeah Trav that was it but it really wasn't hard to figure out since she used so many English words in there.

John, I am not sure that you will be reading this anytime soon but we just heard that you are back in the hospital. We are praying that the Dr's will figure out what is wrong but mostly that God would restore your health completely. We love you and we are thinking of you and praying for you every day.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Hi Uncle John. I'm praying for you and your family.
Love you.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL. Dad. You're so weird. Drink the juice. Satan is our friend. Ha ha ha!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

We are all praying for you as we hear you are back in the hospital. Thanks for interpreting Trav. After reading it the second time, I think I got most of it.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't know when you'll get a chance to read this, but I love you, and I'm praying like crazy for you and your family, and believing God for your healing.
Love you.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Uncle John, I love you and will be praying for you like crazy.

2:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you uncle john and i will be praying for you and your family every day.
i love guys so much!
robyn

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home