Sunday, January 28, 2007

Untitled...#748

The title obviously lies, cause I have only posted 54 times in the life of this blog. I just don't like the feeling of pressure that comes over me every time the cursor starts flashing in the title box. From now on I won't use a title unless a blog comes to mind with a title. I feel like I just won a small victory, don't know against what or whom, but a victory non the less. Onwards and upwards.
Remember about a year ago, maybe less, I posted about trying to make a family size bottle of Pert Plus last an entire year? Well, I did it, and I still have a bit left. I am excited about doing it and scared at the same time. I feel a bit like the car salesman in Seinfeld when Kramer talked the salesman into trying to see how far the car would go when the gas gauge was on empty. The shampoo is obviously the gasoline, but my hair is Kramer. I am not sure which is going to leave me first. I know that I only managed to make the shampoo last this long cause I cut off all my hair in the summer, and even after that I worked at using as little as possible once it grew back in the fall. Did you know that you can wash a head of hair with a pile of shampoo in your hand equal to the size of about 3 nickels? Of course it helps if you can see a good portion of your scalp through your hair, like I can. I am starting to think that the bottle will never run out and maybe my hair will all fall out before the bottle runs dry. There has been an inch of shampoo in the bottom of this bottle now for a long time, seems like months. I think its some kind of shampoo from a parallel galaxy or something, and now I will go to my grave, completely bald and still have shampoo sitting on the side of the tub. I never should have started on this quest. I think I should go have a shower and just tip that bottle over until the shampoo stops running, and with soap in my eyes and suds to my ankles I will throw down the bottle and scream, I win. Maybe not. This has made me tired, I think I will go lay down on my new couch and have a nap.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

You got a new couch? Wow! A good place for a nice old bald man to curl up on. Enjoy. I'll see it on wednesday.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

You got a new couch? Oh, I get it. With the money you saved in shampoo, washing that bald head of yours. Very nice.

8:17 AM  
Blogger John said...

Why is it that the ones that should love you most are the first ones to poke fun at you.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Toad said...

ummm congrats on the shampoo quest. i saw that bottle when i stayed there and thought about using it but then i remembered. and i decided not to taint the experiment. i over-use shampoo. i used wads of it. a bad habbit.

its a very nice couch.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats on having the same bottle of shampoo for over a year. I can honestly say I don't know anyone else who has done the same. Although Art may eventually be able to do it.

Hope you enjoyed your nap on your new couch.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Um. Way to go with the shampoo... should I be proud or worried? I'm not sure. Wanna trade couches? I got mine at the Salvation Army for $40.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You're so weird.

8:25 PM  
Blogger John said...

Carrie I will not trade you couches, but if you were to come here, I would let you sit on it, sleep on it, whatever.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home