Friday, June 01, 2007

Yeah, you guessed it, no title.

Yesterday, when I got out of my shower, I noticed that my left lower leg and foot were quite swollen. I called the kidney clinic, they returned my call early afternoon and didn't seem to worried about it. I than called the cancer clinic, wish I would have called them sooner. The nurse there told me to go to the er at the royal right away and she would call and tell them I was coming. She was quite worried that I could have a blood clot in my leg. So we left the house around 3 or 3:30 and went to hospital. After waiting my turn and then waiting for blood tests and finally getting these 2 needles to dissolve the possible clot at around 8pm they sent me home. This morning I can expect a call from them between 7:30 and 8:30 to let me know when to come in for a ultra sound to confirm whether I have a clot or not. I also have an appointment at the royal for 10:30 today for my pamidronate. This is given to me in an IV drip that takes 4 hours. It has to be given slowly because it is hard on my kidneys. Thank you very much. So it looks like I will spend my whole day at the royal again. I think I will spend some of this time praying for all the needs that are out there. Time goes by so fast when you pray and I have lots of things to pray about. Oh, the pamidronate drip is going to rebuild my bones, which is also a good thing, cause than maybe the pain in my leg and hip will diminish somewhat. I am starting not to like this disease very much.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

John, I will be praying for you today ( as I do most days). I do admire your attitude about all of this, although I'm sure you have times where you get frustrated too. I pray that God would bless your time spent with him and that everything with your test results would come back good. Talk to you later.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey uncle John, sounds like you have quite an eventful day coming your way... maybe not the kind of eventful you'd hoped for though. i think when you get home you should take out your metal detector and call me, that sounds like a GRAND old time!!! i'd love to come over and dig pennies!! hahaha. well, have a great day, i hope you feel ok!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying as well, hope it turns into just an annoying time at the Royal and nothing else, except maybe a little less pain in your leg

11:53 AM  
Blogger Toad said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

John, you need to call your children.
:-)
I will continue to pray for you and for your family. I think it is totally amazing that when you are spending unpleasant time at the hospital, that you spend it in conference with God. What do non-Christians do when they are brought face-to-face with this kind of thing?

7:59 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

So sorry to hear about that John. We will pray for you today as we always do that this will be nothing to worry about. I also pray you have a blessed time in God's presence today.

....and maybe call your children :)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home