Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memory, such a fleeting thing.

Woke up at 4:30 this morning, read for a while, decided to get up at 5. I had a pain pill sitting on the night stand and rather than leave it there for either Noah or the dog to find and eat, I picked it up and thought about taking it myself. Decided my pain wasn't real bad and thought maybe I would put it back in the bottle. Now, you have to know that these are really small pills. I put the pill in one hand, water bottle in the other, than took my walker in both hands and came out to the living room. Thought about sitting down here, at the computer, and decided the couch was a better spot. While arranging my cushions I realized that I no longer had the pill in my hand. Oh crap, now what. I may have eaten it, put it back in the bottle, or it fell out of my hand and I never noticed it. I am fairly certain that if Noah found it, he would pop it in his mouth. I know the dog would. It is a really bitter pill, and it dissolves really fast, so he might not ingest any, but the thought that he might is freaking me out. The dog is funny. He will inhale a decent size piece of meat and really chew a sun flower seed, so he might spit it out as well. Sometimes I am such an idiot. Why didn't I just eat the stupid pill. It's not as if I would be overdosing. My last one had been at 9 the evening before. Why didn't I put it in my pocket, why didn't I .................. There are so many things I could have done differently. Anyway, now I think I will go wake up Chris and Mike and get them to help me look. I will let you know later how we make out. What a great way to start the day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I know the thought of Noah or Roscoe eating the pill is scary, but the whole realization that we are getting old is just a bit funny. I just got an email from Mitz about getting old. Hilarious! I hope you find that pill.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Praying that you find that pill. The thought of Noah eating that could be quite scary. Lets have coffee soon. If you are up to it we would love to see you at Care Group.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I do this ALL. THE. TIME. Now I know where I get it from.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize you'd been blogging so much. I will come back more often.
Hope you found the pill

10:31 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

i too really hope that noah didn't find the pill... roscoe however could be kinda funny to watch when he's stoned... but scary still... hope you guys found it

5:01 PM  
Blogger John said...

Being that I am 53 and we have cleaned and looked, I am fairly certain that I ate it, and don't even remember. Noah hasn't been here since I lost the pill so I am sure that it would have been found by now. If Roscoe would have eaten it, we would have seen it, or he would have gotten really sick. I either ate it or put it back in the bottle.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Are you 53? I thought you were 54.

11:42 PM  
Blogger John said...

Let me see. Its 2007, I was born in 1953, that makes me hm........................... okay your right. I am 54.

6:36 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

I think most of us can relate to that kind of thing. Forgetting sucks. Sometimes I get so mad at myself for forgetting. I have yet to find out about this 'getting old gracefully' thing. I think grace must come from the people who have to live with us.

If you can't find the pill, just vacuum. You always suck up things you shouldn't doing that.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL Dad.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

that reminds me of the corner gas episode where everyone plays tricks on oscar because he's losing his memory.... lol

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home