Monday, June 04, 2007

Just can't think of something appropriate

The other day I got a call from my cousin Marg Wiebe in Coledale and from then till last night we played tag. Last night she got hold of me and told me why she wanted to talk to me. Every year she walks in the Relay for Life, ( a Canadian cancer fundraiser where teams of ten walk a relay track all night long.) and she does it for people she knows who have either passed away because of the disease or are still fighting it. At this relay you can buy luminaries. These are candles placed in bags and set up all around the track to give walkers light and inspiration as they walk the track. When you buy a bag you can put the name of a person whom you are walking for on the bag. Yea, you guessed it, she bought a bag/candle for me. She was trying to get a hold of me before the relay to ask my permission to put my name on the bag. She couldn't, so she did it anyway and thought I would be okay with it. I cannot say thank you enough. I am so honoured and blessed that I have been born into this extended family that worships a risen Saviour and through that this family lives out its faith. All my nieces, nephews, cousins, brothers, sisters, my children, my wife, just everybody I can think of prays for me, that the Lord would heal me. Yesterday at the community church service, I don't remember how many people came up to me and said they were praying for me. Some I know well, others I only know to see them. Doesn't matter, they all bless me. Then, every now and then someone will do something special, and yesterday was just such an event.
Again Marg, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

11 Comments:

Blogger footsack said...

That is so wonderful to hear. Yes we have an awesome family and serve a more awesome God than we can imagine. So glad that you were blessed.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

On a totally unrelated topic...why don't you just number your posts?

Post #36, Post #37, etc.

Then you never again have to think about the fact that you can never think up titles for your posts.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

We are such a blessed family. God has moved and saved so many of us and to be a part of it is more wonderful than words can express. Can you imagine the family reunion that will take place when we are all together in Heaven?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I noticed that you almost always had people around you. Even a lady who is not a christian said she was praying for you. She is winning her battle with cancer and she told me yesterday she is sure that it is because people prayed for her and that she still has a purpose here.
I was a t Mom and Dad's today and Dad was kinda down. When he prayed at lunch time he mentioned how awesome it will be when Him and Mom and all thier whole family WILL meet in heaven and can enjoy eternity with out pain or sickness of any kind.

I'm so glad Marge blessed you like that.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I think the numbering of your posts is a good idea cause you can probably count to like a hundred million trillion, right?

6:24 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

By the way John, I am really enjoying you posting so much. I also check everyone's blogs almost every day and it's so nice and exciting to see a new post and what is going on in everyone's lives. Thanks so much for being so open about your life and what you are going through. It makes us feel so connected and helps us to really pray effectively for you which we are doing every day.
You are a real blessing.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey uncle john, just thought i'd let you know that we've been praying for you in my thin within group, and every time i bring you up, everyone wants to know how you're doing, and everyone prays for you!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I have been away from the PC for a bit now. Gald to see your posts, and your updates. We are blessed beyond belief, and we pray for you. Sorry to read that you lost your pain pill. Did you ever find it?

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey uncle john, just thought i'd let you know, my parents did the relay for life as well, and they also had a candle thing with your name on it :D

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen those races. They make me cry. It's amazing that someone did that for you!
Still praying!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I was hoping to have coffee with you and Chris before we left but it looks like I missed it. We'll get together first thing when we get back. Love you guys

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home