Sunday, June 03, 2007

Further to last no title

When I went in to the ultra sound room, the young guy doing the test asked me where my pain in my leg was and when I told him I didn't have any he asked me what I was doing there. I told him I didn't order this so he went ahead with the test even though I guess pain normally accompanies a blood clot. It showed up negative. No clot. It is Sunday morning and my foot is still swollen a bit. It is never bad first thing in the morning so today I will attempt to keep it elevated and see if that helps. That's the latest on the ongoing saga of this stinking cancer, will let you all know if things change.
This weekend is Buster Days here in town and they do all kinds of things, most of which have to do with children, playing ball, and drinking beer in the beer gardens. Not the children in the beer gardens, but you know, to each his own. But one of the things that they never planned on which was intiated by Pastor Kevin is a Sunday morning community church service. He asked the other churches if they wanted to be involved and the Catholic and the Mission church said yes. So now on sunday morning we have a joint service at the curling rink. This morning Pastor Kevin is preaching and usally our church does the worship time. After the service for 2 dollars you can buy a hot dog and a water, and our church buys watermelon and supplys it free of charge. After lunch if we have any watermelon left we sell it to raise money for missions. It is a great time and it seems that everyone enjoys the service and time of fellowship after the service. Now I am starting to ramble so I'll just go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I am so thankful that you do not have a blood clot. I prayed that this would be the case
As for Buster Days, I think a Church service is much needed to start the day. There are many people who might never go to church, but would attend church at this event. I miss going to Buster Days. But then, we have Fire and Ice, which is loads of fun. I guess everything balances out.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God. \o/
No blood clot.
M.K.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

PTL!!! So happy to hear that you don't have a blood clot. My friend had one just a while ago and she said it was so painful that she could hardly stand to have the ultrasound thing touch her leg.
Buster days sounds fun. I love the idea of the joint service.
Hope you can at least get out to the good stuff today.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home