Wednesday, November 30, 2005

One of those days.

Today was one of those days when I just did not want to go to work. Don't get me wrong, I don't love my job. I don't hate it, but I don't get up in the morning and go " oh goody, goody I can go to that lovely elevator, eat dust and spend my day at this place that is slowly draining away my will to live. I got up tired and it just got worse the closer I got to the elevator. Sitting in the locker room, smelling grain dust and sweat, with my work boots on and one leg already encased by dirty coveralls, thinking about how great my bed felt when I dragged my tired body out of it at 5:58 a.m., I almost got back in my street cloths and left. Somehow I stayed. I would like to say that it got better...it didn't. It didn't get worse, but it didn't get better. When I have a day like that I spend some time in my office and stare at my wall of fame...pictures of my grandsons. If those faces can't keep you going, your just not alive. What a pair. Thanks Becky and Melissa. I know you didn't do it for me, but those are the best gifts this grandpa ever got.

6 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Sorry Ang, if you go to Mel's blog and read my comment, you will know why I don't have any photo's of them.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Trav said...

i had one of those days yesterday too... i wound up working until 2am on tues, and then wed, i worked 0730-1030 and then again from 1900-2200. i really didn't feel like being there for any of it... on a brighter note, i read 150 pages of my book while at work

1:29 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You know what's cool about you having a blog? I get a little look inside your head and I get to see you not just as my dad, but as a person with his own life seperate from his job as my dad.

PLUS I get to read more bragging about how great my little button is and I can never get enough of that. (Especially when that particular button is teething and being a booger.)

I'm so glad you're blogging.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read Mel's blog. This is not funny. The next time I come to your house I'm going to crap in every corner I can find.


meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooow

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel John. So many times in my life I don't know what I would have done had it not been for my kids. They do give you a reason to go on, always. I don't have grandchildren yet but I have been gone for 2 weeks almost straight and I was still anxious to get home and see my 'babies'. Of course I think my dogs missed me even more than they did. :( yeah...I have a very high maintenance dog. Drives me mental. Mel said if he was a human he probably would have committed suicide already. Yeah he's needy alright.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Mitz,
Does it surprise you that you have such a needy dog. your oldest daughter is a bit compulsive and your dog is so insecure he could die of a stroke. You never know. Maybe Pedro is stressed because his dogfood isn't arranged in his bowl just right. Or maybe he wants clean sheets on his bed. You never know???

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home